Thursday, August 24, 2017

Emma's 1st day of Pre-K

Today was Emma's first day of Pre-K. I had been dreading today for the past week. Especially with how Emma would do with waking up. Now let me back up just a tad. We found out yesterday at her meeting with her half day teacher that Emma could not be in the afternoon Pre-K class. Yes there was an opening, but it was left intentional. There's a child in the afternoon class who is the work of 2 children. So I'm like "Oh! That's fine. I understand. As long as she can still come to school." So I signed a few papers agreeing to the changes we made in her I.E.P. So since she is in morning class, her schedule is 7:40 AM until 10:10 AM. Just a couple of hours but enough time to get her used to everything. So this morning actually went by smoothly getting Emma up. I got her up a little after 5:30 and I was lucky enough to see that Mickey Mouse was on. So she was happy and watched Mickey. I got her dressed and cathed and brushed her hair.
Before heading off to school, we had to drop her daddy off at work. Then it was off to school.
We were told 7:20 was start time so that's when we got there. Well the teacher and the helpers then said to come closer to 7:40 if i drop her off. We're still working on getting her transportation fixed since she's not full day anymore. Hopefully by next week we hear something. So while waiting Emma's teacher, Mrs. Seaman, brought the walker that Emma could use at school so we wouldn't be lugging Emma's walker back and forth. I didn't get a pic of it. But it was nothing like her own so she was unsure of it at first. At that point, I decided it was best I go so she could start walking and get her day started.

 When I picked Emma up, I asked how her day had gone. Mrs. Seaman said she had a good day!! The only problem she had with Emma was Emma not wanting to really eat any food and she kinda fussed during diaper change. I'm like yeah she does that for me too so no biggie there. Each day I will get a report on how she does in written form. Here is today's report.
She got to play outside and went down the slide 3 times with her teacher. By the looks of the report Emma had a good day. I can't wait to see how she keeps progressing through the school year.  Now if only her and her brother would stop fighting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment