Monday, August 14, 2017

Back to school

Well today my oldest angel entered the 3rd grade!!! Time has really gone by super fast with her. 8 years old and 3rd grade.
my morning was a little hectic getting her ready. After I got home from taking her dad to work, I packed her lunch since she didn't want to get lunch through school today.
She requested a ham and cheese sandwich, a banana, fruit snacks, and a cherry hug juice. She actually didn't eat the fruit snacks until I picked her up from school because she told me she didn't have enough time to eat??? I don't know. So after I packed her lunch I waited until 730 to get her up and get her breakfast and get dressed. I completely forgot we were out of cereal so she had some chicken nuggets(don't worry, we have cereal now). After breakfast was all done, i went into my closet to grab her surprise.
These are our mother/daughter bracelets. We both wear them all day long. When we miss one another we just look at our bracelet and know the other has theirs on as well. Kayla absolutely loved it! It was something different for us to try.

Kayla had a good 1st day of school. No homework yet thank goodness. I remember last year she had homework going starting the 1st day!!! I don't think she has anything until later this week. But I'm sure it won't be too bad. This year they start learning multiplication and division. YIKES!!! Will have to bust out some flash cards.


The other school fun I had today was meeting Emma's would be teacher. Now let me explain why I'm calling her "would be" teacher. So the meeting was with a couple other parents for how the day will go and whatnot and get initial questions and fears taken care of. After this meeting, I had a sit down with her teacher and the PT and OT and school nurse. Well towards the end of the meeting, it somehow got brought up about me talking about Kayla only doing half day of preschool when she started. I told them at the preschool clinic they told me that half days didn't exist anymore. They all looked at me like I was crazy but light bulbs went off in their heads. They told me that half days do exist and there was a half day classroom right next to the full day preschool room. That sent us all into a small rage. The teachers were very upset that I was told there wasn't any half day options. They were all so confused before meeting with us as to why a 3 year old was being placed in a full day setting. I told them I wanted to do half day but was told all those lies. We got the problem fixed. I called downtown to the clinic and talked with the one lady and told her half day wasn't offered for us at all. She looked at the half day roster and said there was one more opening for the afternoon class. I said I will take it. So I let Emma's full day teacher know what was going on. She's going to give the half day teacher my number and hopefully tomorrow I get some phone calls. As a parent, I was terrified to send my child who has basically never left my side to all day preschool but I wanted to believe in my heart that she would do fine. I'm so glad things got better and we were now given another choice. She's gonna have so much fun when she starts school. I hope she makes a lot of new friends. It took me an hour to fill out all her paper work. It's safe to say i know my name, Emma's name, our address and what day today is. Ugh!!! What a day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment