Friday, August 11, 2017

appointments and back to school

Well, this week we had a lot going on. I started my physical therapy that I have to do for the next few weeks for my back. It's been pretty helpful so far. I'm enjoying it. Although I do need to remember to wear sneakers and not sandals. With it being summer time I just got so used to throwing on my sandals and going. I have stretches that I have to do at home to get my back in better shape. The kids help me out while I'm trying to do them. Heck even our dog tries helping me. It's too funny.
So lets back up to why I needed to start physical therapy. Well last Monday I woke up at 6 AM with tears in my eyes from the pain. I ended up at the ER. They took x-rays to make sure all was okay. They finally came in and told me that I was having some back muscle spasms. So they gave me a shot of tordal and a muscle relaxer. 2 shots. 1 in each butt cheek. I was not happy, but I was relieved when they kicked in. I was sent home with a prescription of ibuprofen and a muscle relaxer. I don't really take the muscle relaxers because they knock me out.



On Tuesday, Emma had an appointment to get her twister cables adjusted to a higher height for when ever she may need them.
These ones pictured are not Emma's but look exactly like hers. Right now she does not have the cables on the plastic braces. She just uses the braces. Now we were also hoping to get her quad canes that we've been anxious to get.
We found out that the company our orthotist goes through no longer makes quad canes, so he is still looking. It annoys me to some extent because she does good with these at physical therapy and if she can't practice at home then she's going to be stuck using her walker for right now because I'm not sure she's ready for forearm crutches.
I plan on talking with her therapist on Monday to see what our next step will be if we can't get her the quad canes.


Our next adventure in the same day was Kayla seeing the allergist. This appointment was actually before the orthotist appointment. Kayla just had to do a checkup and see how she's been doing. Kayla has been doing very good. I told her about our issue with the surgery scheduler never calling for Kayla's tonsil surgery so she was able to get us a phone number to schedule. We now have a date set! Kayla is super scared but I've told her it will all be okay. I promised her a Disney princess marathon if she would like. Tonsil surgery keeps you out of things for 2 weeks. So she will miss school for 2 weeks.

Thursday we had Emma's open house to check out her new school. She will be starting pre-K this year. Can we talk about me being a nervous wreck???? Her teachers seem so awesome though. Emma will be going for a full day. School starts at 7:40 AM and ends at 2:10 PM. She will be getting transportation to and from school. She is riding in a van with a wheelchair lift. I'm hoping it all goes well and she does okay. I feel like I'm just throwing her out there into the world. Most kids start with a half day program. It seems like all the half day programs don't exist anymore or want the child to be potty trained. Emma has medical issues that prevent the potty training. So she will have a nurse at her new school. She will also have PE that fits her needs. I go on Monday to meet with her teachers and school nurse to get a more in depth preview of what will be going on with Emma at school. That will be a lot of fun.

Today we had Kayla's back to school event. We met her new teachers and saw her classroom. We got a couple of forms filled out early so one less thing to worry about the first day of school. Her school was redone over the summer so now they have new windows and AC. So i don't have to worry about her dying of heat exhaustion. Last year they had a couple days off early in the year because it was too hot out and the kids were just too hot. Crazy to think of a school have a it's too hot day. Also at the event, they had a fun picture booth to take silly pics. Me and Kayla gladly accepted the fun times.
I forgot that Yesterday(Thursday) Kayla hand I went to the zoo. We only did half the zoo because my back had started to bother me but we had a blast as always. I needed her out of the house so her dad could work on the surprise I have planned for her on Monday morning before school. We saw a lot of animals. Some were sleeping though but some were out and about. It's always an adventure at the zoo for us.




No comments:

Post a Comment