Thursday, January 4, 2018

ramblings of a bored mama

Today has been a productive day. Especially my 1st hour being awake. I was able to get the dishes done, get the kids situated, and get dinner in the crock pot. We're having chicken. I put a few seasonings on it and just letting it cook. The kids haven't been too bad today. The girls have been playing together and Alex has been up my butt. It's his thing since I've been pregnant. I think he knows at some point mommy is going to have to give the new baby a little more attention at first.

So let's talk about how my pregnancy is going so far. I'm 90% sure I'm done with the nausea part(Thank God!!!) That's the only part i really dread. That and that awful sugar test you take at about 26 weeks. You drink this stuff that depending on where you go can either taste really good or really awful. With my 1st born it tasted great. Since then it's not gotten any better. Tastes very yucky. I have about 2 months before I have to endure that test.
I found this picture of the different flavors. I think where I go the only choice I've gotten is the lemon lime which is awful. I had the orange with Kayla which tasted like flat orange soda or a popsicle. I didn't know there was a fruit punch flavor. Maybe I'll see if they have different flavors when I go for my test.

In 2 weeks, on January 16th, We go for our anatomy scan. I'm really excited for this appointment. In my mind, I've always known if I was having a boy or girl. I've predicted all my kids gender before the scan. With this one, I am predicting a girl because of the way my nausea was. The funny thing is, I have all these cute boy names picked out. Which is the same thing that happened when I was pregnant with Emma I think.

Boy Names

  • Anakin
  • Luke
  • Ben
Girl Names

  • Leia
  • Jasmine
Jasmine was suggested by Kayla. She loves Princess Jasmine. As you can tell with my name choices, I'm a Star Wars geek. I've been told no with all the names.....except Ben. I haven't brought that name up yet. I wish there were more fun Star Wars names for girls. I know if I suggested Rey that would be a big no because it sounds like a boys name. Such a task picking out names.

More things you can find out at an anatomy scan are any possible birth defects your child may or may not have. We found out at the anatomy scan with Emma about her Spina Bifida. We've had 2 ultrasounds already checking for things that can be caught earlier and so far all is good. I still worry a tiny bit that something will be found at the scan. Even though it's been shown everything is fine so far there will always be that inkling of a doubt. It's just something that will be there for me because of what we went through with Emma.

Another issue I'm having is, if I do have another girl, she'll be okay with shirts when she hits 2T but pants will be a hit or miss. Since Emma does a lot of crawling still at times the knees in the thinner pants don't last as long. I try to steer clear of the thinner pajamas but sometimes they are cuter and have the characters Emma likes.

Now onto talk of this insane weather we've been dealing with. Now I live in Cleveland, Ohio. We are used to the snow and cold. This past week though we have been dealing with wind chills that have reached -25F!!! Yeah, it's cold. Emma and Kayla are luckily still on winter break but I have 2 friends with girls who went back to school Wednesday. One friends girl went back and the other had a snow day. Today and tomorrow both girls get the day off as well. My cousins kids went back yesterday and are also off today and tomorrow because of the extreme cold we're having.
These are the temps right now but it's still pretty cold out when we're talking below zero. Hopefully the weather warms up some when my girls go back on Tuesday. They need to get back to school. They are driving me bonkers. 

But now I will head off to catch up on shows that I forgot started back up last night. SVU and SEAL Team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment