Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy new year!

Well it's officially a new year!!! Time to update you on how our holidays were. I honestly was very happy with the gifts the kids received. My mother in law signed us up for a secret santa type thing through a coworkers church. The kids each received a large garbage bag filled with gifts.

In all honesty, I was happy with the gifts Joey and I got for the kids but the gifts they received were nice. They got a lot of clothes and a few toys and they each got new winter coats with hats and gloves which they all needed!


They loved all their gifts. They each have 1 gift that they are in love with. For kayla, it's her Descendants doll, Mal. For Emma, it's been her Peppa Pig lights and sound house. Alex loves his new talking Spiderman. 
 These are the gifts Alex received. He's played with them all and enjoys them.

 Kayla's gifts and toys. Emma's underneath.
After our morning at home opening and playing with toys we headed out for the afternoon. I'm going to be completely honest....next year, I'm not wasting my time going out. If anyone in our families want to see us or the kids, they can come to us. One reason is I'm not trying to get 4 kids ready to go out. Another reason is, no one really wanted to be bothered it seemed like. Christmas used to be about spending time with family. On my side of the family it hasn't been that way since Kayla was a baby. So now Emma and Alex get to miss out on that. On Joey's side of the family, everyone just doesn't get along too much so they would rather not be around each other. Everyone would rather sit in their rooms and not be bothered. So we went to Joey's mom's house and spent a little over an hour there. We ate and that was it. There were no gifts for the kids because there are too many grandkids to buy for. I've learned to deal with it but if we're coming over, then spend time with everyone. Don't be a hermit and sit in your room. After Joey's mom's house we went over my dad's house. That was also a joke. No one wanted to be bothered as well. The kids opened their gift and I ate a little more because I'm eating for two. We stayed an hour and went home. So like I said. Next year, I won't waste my time going out. Everyone can come to us.



The girls have been on Winter break since December 22nd. They don't return to school until January 9th! They've been trying to keep busy and occupied. They were done with their toys for the most part a day or 2 after Christmas. They wanted their tablets again. I was hoping they would play with their toys a little more than one day. Yes they do still play with them but more so the tablets. We just live in times where technology over rules at times. 

I am at 17 1/2 weeks. In 2 weeks we find out if we're having a boy or girl. Everyone is insisting it's a boy because then it will make things even. Um, well that would be nice but that's not how it really works. I'm still saying it's a girl because of all the nausea I've dealt with. It's gone for the most part now but if I don't eat for awhile I get sick. So i try to eat every couple of hours to make sure there is food in my stomach. It's still not real to me yet. I was the same way when I was pregnant with Alex. It didn't hit me until I was at the hospital giving birth. I think this will be the same way. I haven't really felt kicking yet so that's also a factor on why it's not real yet. Hopefully soon enough.

So that's been our life over the holidays. 1 more week to relax with the kids being home. Hopefully it's a good week. No arguing would be nice but we all know I'm dreaming there. Hope you all had a great holiday season!!





No comments:

Post a Comment