Thursday, August 31, 2017

Kayla's MRI

Well, yesterday morning Kayla had her MRI finally. I had been working on getting it done for months now and it's finally done and over with. The morning started off with me taking Joey to work because I told him he didn't need to worry about coming with us for this. When I got back home I got Kayla up and ready to go since we had to be there at 830. We got there and went to registration, then up to the 2nd floor to get all settled in.
We sat for like an hour and a half doing nothing. They wanted us there at 830 because I was told she would be getting some contrast to see stuff better and what not. I don't think they ended up doing that. She got a liquid to drink that was like valium. It made her a little goofy and slurred her speech some. It was actually quite funny.

It was a little after 10 when we finally went to MRI. She was laughing and talking on the ride down. Once she got settled in by the machine, I went back up to the waiting room. I sat for like 2 hours!!! I'm a horrible waiter. The good news is I took my kindle with me so I had something to do.
I was so happy to go back and see her when she was done. She was such a grouch trying to get her up though. I blamed the medicine for making her a cranky butt. I told her the faster she wakes up, the faster we can go home. She kept asking if we could go to the zoo. I'm like "Kayla, you can barely stand on your own 2 feet. How are you going to walk around the zoo?" I told her maybe this weekend if she's good. She then cracked me up at dinner time. She looks at me and goes, "so mommy, when am I getting the MRI?" She didn't remember anything after going down to MRI. I'm like "you had it done already Kayla. It's over with."

Today I got the call from her pediatrician. The MRI came back fine. So the skin lipoma is nothing to worry about. I'm so relieved it's nothing else. She was going to give us the number for the pediatric surgeon but I said not to worry about it if it's something that won't get worse or better. I'd rather not put her through surgery if she doesn't need it.

Now something that happened that didn't deal with Kayla but with Emma's one doctor. While I was down in MRI my phone rang. I didn't answer, so I called back when I was walking back up to the waiting room. It was Emma's urologist's nurse. She's like "Dr Woo asked me to call and check on Emma to see how she was doing." It was out of nowhere too. I'm like "she's doing great with everything. Cathing is going good and she only gives me trouble at medicine time because the medicine tastes yucky." So then we left it at that. So while I'm sitting waiting for Kayla to come back up, the desk secretary calls Kayla's last name and said she was done and I could go back. Before I walked back Dr Woo comes out into the waiting room. Then it all clicks. She saw Emma's last name on the surgery board probably and was worried about Emma. But it wasn't Emma at the hospital. It was big sister Kayla. That really showed me how caring these doctors are up at rainbows!!! So everyone is doing good for now. Next big day is September 19th! Tonsil and adenoid surgery for Kayla. That's gonna be a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment