Friday, September 21, 2018

Cleveland Sports

Yes, you read that title right. I want to talk about Cleveland Sports. Why you ask? Well because I'm from Cleveland. I want to talk about it because last night was a pretty amazing night. No we didn't win the World Series or the Super Bowl or an NBA title. We won a football game. Yes. I'm excited over a football game win. It had been 635 days since the Cleveland Browns had won a regular season game! We finally did it last night though.
Being a Cleveland sports fan is probably one of the hardest things to do. We have a lot of upsets usually. Especially when it comes to our football team. We call our stadium the Factory of Sadness. (no I'm not kidding) Although this morning on our local news they were coming up with new names for it...The Bakery, Bakerfield and some other's I can't think of. It has taken some years but I think this is the year we have found our quarterback. And he's not bad to look at either.

Baker Mayfield. He was our number 1 pick in the draft this past year. I figured he would be sitting on the bench this year but our 1st string quarterback Tyrod Taylor exited the game towards the end of the 2nd quarter for a concussion. He was honestly having a bad game anyways. We were down 14-0. Send in Baker and we get some points on the board before halftime. The 2nd half of the game was just amazing. We pulled out a W and the big story was the Victory Fridges that were placed around the city with Bud Light in them. The fridges opened up. So since we played last night, Thursday, We get a week and a half off before our next game. We won't know who the QB will be but if it's not Baker, there may be an uprising in Cleveland. The win felt like a Super Bowl win. As crazy and stupid as it sounds it just felt great to win.

So you can't talk Cleveland sports without talking about the Cavs. Most people hear Cleveland Cavs and jump right to Lebron James. Yeah, he's a good player, but I got my eyes on this guy...
Kevin Love. He's pretty amazing. Also not bad to look at. The Cavs have had some interesting Finals the past 4 years. Out of those 4 years we got 1 Championship. All 4 of those years was also against the same team. I know the basketball community is seriously getting tired of the Finals being the Cavs and the Warriors. Honestly I am as well. I think this season will be a truly different finals game. Lebron has moved on to the Lakers. I'm curious how the Cavs will play this season and hope they do great still and prove to the world that Lebron wasn't the whole team. 
And then there is our Cleveland Indians or The Tribe. We are once again the AL central Champs.
We're heading to the playoffs once again this year. Last year we were shut out in the first round by those stupid New York Yankees. I hate that Judge guy. Sorry/Not Sorry New York. Hopefully this year we are World Series bound and can pull out the win. I remember 2 years ago going against the Cubs and all the late night games. Trying to stay awake to hopefully pull out the win. But as we all know the Cubs took that from us. The Indians have a team full of pretty yummy guys. Like half the guys are pretty cute.

Here's just two of the guys. Jason Kipnis and Francisco Lindor. I'm pretty excited for the Post Season and am pulling for the big W at the World Series.

So as you can see being a Cleveland Sports fan is an interesting hobby. The big joke with all our sports teams is....There's always next year. We all say it every year.
I'm hoping to not have to say it at the end of baseball season. I'm pretty sure it'll happen with football season and not sure about basketball. Being a Cleveland Sports fan is a hard job...but someone has to do it! 
Image result for baker mayfield wink
(Sorry...I've developed a mad crush on this guy)

No comments:

Post a Comment