Friday, February 16, 2018

Valentine's Day Party and other randomness

It's a couple of days past but I wanted to share about the girls Valentine's Day parties. They both had a lot of fun and got a lot of goodies. Emma has a small class so she didn't get as much as Kayla, but I think she still got a lot.
She made one of those Valentine's for me and her dad. The big pink one she got from one of the clubs at school. Super sweet!
Kayla got a lot of snacks and cards from her classmates. The principal even handed out Valentine's! That's pretty cool if she done that for the whole school. 

I'm pretty sure Kayla's candy is gone. Emma hasn't really asked to get into her stuff. It is in reach for her on the dining room table though. I had a lot of fun actually making treat bags for the girls classes. Usually we don't have the extra money to do that kind of thing but this year we did since we got a loan out from our taxes! I wouldn't mind doing it for all the kids holiday parties if we have the money! The girls had fun helping with it all too.

The girls have a 4 day weekend from school starting today. Today they have off because it's a teacher work day. Monday is President's Day. Emma was very upset she didn't have school today. I wish I could say Kayla was upset too but she has reached the point of "I hate school" already. She's only in the 3rd grade! Oh well. She mostly hates it because of homework and projects. She got her 2nd project the other day. It's due Tuesday so I gotta go out and get poster board for it to work on this weekend. She has to come up with an idea of a new product or service. Kind of like that show Shark Tank. Kayla decided she is going to do a service. She wants to have a special hospital for endangered animals so when they get hurt she can get them back to health! I think that's a fun idea! I believe she's focusing on the big cats that are endangered. So we'll see how that goes! We have all the big questions answered that will go on the poster board. We just need to print some stuff out and create her board!

I also forgot to mention that the other week when I had the flu, I finally got the push to do something that needed done! I finally got Emma set up with school transportation. It was getting harder and harder in the mornings. Now I just take Joey to work and come home and get Emma ready for school. She gets picked up and dropped off. She was nervous the 1st couple of days but now she loves it. And of course a few days after I set up the transportation her teacher sends home a note saying that sometime at the end of February or beginning of March they would like to try a few days of full day Pre-K out with Emma. I'm like well you will need to figure out transportation then. I just got her set up and don't need that getting messed up. We will find everything out at the meeting we are having on February 27th. So we have a couple of weeks before that happens.

So that's all for today's blog post. Hoping for a fun weekend with the kids! We've already had 1 timeout and it wasn't even 9 AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment