Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Let's talk baby gear

So today I wanted to talk baby gear since I'm at the half way point now. There are a lot of things moms think they need or things they just want to get. I'm not going to bore you with a list of that stuff, but just stuff that I'm probably going to be getting to make life easier around the house.


First up is this pack and play that has so many uses. I always remember seeing these with my other kids but never had the extra money for. This year we'l have our tax refund to baby shop! I like this pack and play because there is storage on the side, there's a bassinet feature on top and then the pack and play. This is basically a grow with me item! It would save us money from buying a bassinet since none of my kids slept in their crib at first. They liked the small areas that made them feel safe still.

Next up is the Fisher Price Rock n Play. I had the one in the link for Emma and Alex and absolutely loved it!! It was so portable and folded up easily for storage. It has a vibrate feature that always helped the kids fall asleep. Alex and Emma seemed to live in this thing for the 1st few months. It helped me out so many times when I needed to get stuff done. Shower time especially!! We all know how those showers are important when you don't think you'll have time with a little one or worried you won't hear them. So the rock n play will be on my list of must haves.

Now I have never done the whole baby wear thing. I thought moms were crazy for this. I am going to do it this time for the simple fact that I don't want to spend $300-$400 on a triple stroller. With this you can wear your baby a few different ways which will be fun I think. My bestie, Adrienne, had this brand with her son Austin and said she absolutely loved it. So I'm going to give it a go. I just hope I don't have to deal with jealous little children.

The final item I want to get is this, the Fisher Price 3-in-1 Sit-to-Stand Activity Center. This is one of those grow with me items that I think is a great idea. This is actually a new item and just came out in the past year.
The 1st stage of this is the tummy time mat to build up that neck strength. My kids all hated tummy time. It was like you were trying to kill them. Seeing this though makes it look a little more fun! I'm hoping she will like it.
The 2nd stage of this is the sitting activity center. This is for when the head strength and upper body strength are mastered. Also when they can touch the ground, unless you have some books or something to put underneath so their feet aren't dangling too much. This will help you get some chores done while they play in one spot. You won't have that fear of "OMG! They rolled off to some other room in the house" or something along those lines.
The final stage of this activity center is the standing portion of the center for when your child has said "Enough!" to the 2nd stage. They just want to stand up and play and move around some. Also maybe engage with their siblings with the toys. I know once baby girl reaches this stage of the activity center, her siblings will be hopefully playing right along side her....keyword, "hopefully".

So these are the items that I do plan on getting for this little bundle of joy. I can't wait to have her here and to try all these out so I can give you guys some good or bad reviews! Hope you enjoyed reading some more fun baby stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment