Monday, September 4, 2017

Labor Day fun

Well, today was Labor Day in the US. Most people get the day off from work and usually do cookouts. Originally I wasn't going to do anything. I did a lot of cleaning this morning. This afternoon, Alex went to take a nap and I thought Emma was as well. Emma ended up sneaking back out of her bed. Darn kids. Alex stayed asleep though. So since Alex wasn't feeling well, we went over to Joey's mom's for a cook out. Alex stayed home with grandma. So it was me, Joey, Kayla, and Emma.
Emma had a blast playing with everyone. She was being Chauffeured around in the pink Barbie jeep. She was in love with it. So now I'll probably have to invest in one for her and her siblings.
Kayla played catch with her cousins Nathan and Joe Jr. She also played with her friend from school, Trinity(I didn't get a pic of the two). Kayla always hates leaving when e have a fun day like this but I'm sure we'll have another one before the weather gets too cold.

Joey and I played a couple of games of corn hole. No one kept score so I don't know who won. It was a fun evening with a lot of laughs. School tomorrow for the girls. Hope they sleep good tonight with the incoming storms rolling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment